CANON F-718SGA EMULATOR END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
<< IMPORTANT >>
READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE CLICKING "ACCEPT AGREEMENT AND DOWNLOAD" AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE!
This is a license agreement between you and CANON ELECTRONIC BUSINESS MACHINES (H.K.) CO. LTD., having its place of business at 17/F., Tower One, Ever Gain Plaza, 82-100 Container Port Road, Kwai Chung, N.T. Hong Kong ("CEBM"), with respect to software and its associated electronic or online manuals, if any (the "Software") and/or text, image, graphic and other creations in digital format ("Contents Data"), which are provided to you with this Agreement (Software and Contents Data hereinafter shall be referred to individually or collectively as the Licensed Software").
BY CLICKING "ACCEPT AGREEMENT AND DOWNLOAD" AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE, YOU ARE DEEMED TO AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE LICENSED SOFTWARE. IN SUCH EVENT, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO USE THE LICENSED SOFTWARE.
1. Ownership and Copyright: All right, title and interest in the Licensed Software is owned by CEBM or its licensors. CEBM or its licensors shall at all times retain all copyright and other intellectual property rights in the Licensed Software and all subsequent copies thereof regardless of form. Except as expressly provided herein, no license or right, express or implied, is hereby conveyed or granted by CEBM to you for any intellectual property of CEBM and its licensors. You shall not modify, remove or delete a copyright notice of CEBM and/or its licensors contained in the Licensed Software, including any copy thereof.
2. License: Your license to use the Licensed Software is non-exclusive and non-transferable:
(1) You are permitted to use the Software ("use" shall mean storing, loading, installing, executing or displaying the Software) on maximum 3 of your computers which you enter a valid Serial Number for your own personal use.
(2) You are permitted to copy, use and modify the Contents Data ("use" shall mean storing, loading, installing, executing or displaying the Contents Data) on your multiple computers for your own personal use.
You shall not rent, lease, sublicense, loan, sell, assign, convey nor transfer the Licensed Software and derivatives of the Contents Data. You are also permitted to print the Contents Data or derivatives of the Contents Data ("Print") and to use, have used, copy, have copied and distribute then Print for your own non-commercial purposes. You shall not use, have used, copy, have copied nor distribute the Print for commercial purposes. CEBM shall not be liable for your use of the Contents Data and Print, nor any claim and suit against you arising from or in any way related to the use of the Contents Data and Print, including any liability or expense arising from all claims, losses, damages, suits, judgments, litigation costs and attorneys' fees.
(3) Except as expressly provided herein, you shall not rent, lease, sub-license, loan, sell, assign, convey, transfer, copy, reproduce, modify, adapt, merge, translate, convert to another programming language, reverse-engineer, decompile, alter, disassemble or create derivative works based in whole or in part on the Licensed Software, nor permit any third party to do so or to use the Licensed Software, except as expressly permitted by this Agreement and except to the extent and in the circumstances expressly permitted by law.
3. Export restriction: You agree to comply with all applicable export control laws and regulations of the country involved, and not to export or re-export, directly or indirectly, the Licensed Software in violation of any such laws and regulations.
4. Termination: This Agreement is effective upon your clicking “Accept Agreement and Download” at the bottom of this page and remains in effect until terminated. You may terminate this Agreement by uninstalling and deleting the Licensed Software. This Agreement will also terminate if you fail to comply with any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement. In addition to CEBM enforcing any of its legal rights, you shall then promptly delete the Licensed Software.
5. Support and update: CEBM and Canon Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Canon”), and their distributors and dealers are not responsible for maintaining or supporting use of the Licensed Software. No updates, bug-fixes or support will be made available to you for the Licensed Software.
6. Disclaimer: UNLESS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW OR AGREED TO IN WRITING, THE LICENSED SOFTWARE IS LICENSED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES AS TO MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY AND/OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF ANY RIGHT, TITLE AND INTEREST, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY.
THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE LICENSED SOFTWARE IS WITH YOU. SHOULD THE LICENSED SOFTWARE PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU (AND NOT CEBM, CANON AND THEIR DISTRIBUTORS AND DEALERS) ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION.
SOME STATES OR LEGAL JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE OR JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION.
CEBM DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE LICENSED SOFTWARE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE LICENSED SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE.
7. Limitation of liability: In no event and under no legal theory, whether in tort (including negligence), contract, or otherwise, unless required by applicable law (such as deliberate and grossly negligent acts) or agreed to in writing, shall CEBM, Canon, Canon’s subsidiaries and affiliates, their distributors and dealers be liable to You for damages, including any direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages of any character arising as a result of this License or out of the use or inability to use the Licensed Software (including but not limited of damages for loss of goodwill, work stoppage, computer failure or malfunction, or any and all other commercial damages or losses), even if CEBM, Canon, Canon’s subsidiaries and affiliates, their distributors and dealers has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
8. Severability: In the event that any provision of this Agreement is declared or found to be illegal by any court or tribunal of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be null and void with respect to the jurisdiction of that court or tribunal and all the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect.
BY CLICKING "ACCEPT AGREEMENT AND DOWNLOAD" AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE, YOU SHALL BE DEEMED TO HAVE ACKNOWLEDGED THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT, UNDERSTOOD IT, AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ITS TERMS AND CONDITIONS. YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT THIS AGREEMENT IS THE COMPLETE AND EXCLUSIVE STATEMENT OF AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND CEBM CONCERNING THE SUBJECT MATTER HEREOF WHICH SUPERSEDES ANY PROPOSALS OR PRIOR AGREEMENT, ORAL OR WRITTEN, AND ANY OTHER COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN THE PARTIES RELATING TO THE SUBJECT MATTER OF THIS AGREEMENT. NO AMENDMENT TO THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE EFFECTIVE UNLESS SIGNED BY A DULY AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE OF CEBM.